10 Quick Tips For Healthy Eating
1. Choose good carbs, not no carbs. Whole grains are your best bet.
2. Pay attention to the protein package. Fish, poultry, nuts, and beans are the best choices.
3. Choose foods with healthy fats, limit foods high in saturated fat, and avoid foods with trans-fat. Plant oils, nuts, and fish are the healthiest sources.
4. Choose a fiber-filled diet, rich in whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
5. Eat more vegetables and fruits. Go for color and variety—dark green, yellow, orange, and red.
6. Calcium is important. But milk isn’t the only, or even best, source.
7. Water is best to quench your thirst. Skip the sugary drinks, and go easy on the milk and juice.
8. Eating less salt and less sugar is good for everyone’s health. Choose more fresh foods and fewer processed foods.
9. Moderate drinking can be healthy—but not for everyone. You must weigh the benefits and risks.
10. A daily multivitamin is a great nutrition insurance policy. Some extra vitamin D may add an extra health boost.